This attractive, modern bungalow is situated in close proximity to the seven bays of St Merryn - some of the best beaches in North Cornwall. It is only 3-4 miles from Padstow. Nearby, St Merryn village has restaurants, pubs, takeaways and shops where you can hire or buy wetsuits and boards to use on the spectacular surfing beaches. Facilities on St Merryn Park include a bar serving food and a shop,(seasonal opening times may apply). There are also tennis courts; small children's play area, football field and an enclosed dog walking area. The historic fishing port of Padstow has many shops, restaurants and galleries. Why not hire a bike and explore the Camel Trail, which follows the river to Bodmin or catch the ferry across the Camel to Rock? Other places to visit nearby include the Eden Project, wonderful gardens, historic houses or the vibrant town of Newquay with its large selection of beaches and amusements.
Lounge/Dining: TV, DVD player, music centre with iPod docking, hi-fi.
Kitchen: Built in electric oven and ceramic hob, refrigerator, microwave, (freezer and washing machine in bathroom lobby).
Bathroom: Bath (electric shower over), basin, w.c.
Bedroom 1: Double bed (4'6"), wardrobe with shelves, hair dryer.
Bedroom 2: Double bed (4'6"), wardrobe with shelves, hair dryer.
Bedroom 3: Bunk beds (3'), chest of drawers.
GARDEN & PARKING: Off road parking for 2 cars, further vehicles could park in the road. Front garden lawned and bordered with flowers, palms and shrubs and bounded by an attractively planted dry stone wall. The good sized rear garden - a great sun trap - is laid to lawn and fully enclosed. There are flower beds, a herb border and picnic bench.
Changeover day: Saturday - arrival 3:00pm - departure 10:00am.
Pets Welcome: Maximum 2 small or 1 medium; £25 per pet per week. Information about bringing your pet.
Power and Heat: Electricity included in rent, PV solar panels; woodburning stove effect electric fire lounge, panel heaters bedrooms; heated towel rail bathroom.
Bedding and Linen: Pillows & duvets included; bed linen and towels provided (please bring your own beach towels).
Baby Equipment: Cot and high chair available (please order in advance), other equipment can be hired - see hire page.
Shop: On site; otherwise 1 ml Pub: On site; otherwise 1 ml
NOTES: No smoking, no short breaks. WiFi provided. Important information about internet usage. Call box 1 ml. Mobile reception varies see - Information about mobile phone coverage.
- Saturday Changeover day
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Pets allowed
- WiFi Available
- Bed Linen Included
- 0.1 mile to a pub
- Towels Included
- High chair
- Travel cot
- 0.1 mile to a restaurant
- 2 miles to a beach
- Fire or Stove
- Washing Machine
- Ground Floor Accommodation
St Merryn is a hidden gem located within easy reach of the stunning coast of North Cornwall, with a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, helpful local convenience stores and delis, and a wide variety of places to eat. Sometimes overlooked, due to the proximity of the larger town of Padstow just ten minutes' drive away, St Merryn is nevertheless a great holiday setting in its own right, its convenient location and many amenities attracting visitors back year after year. Known as the 'Seven Bays' area due to the number of beaches along this part of the coastline, you know you are approaching the village when you see the 'Seven Bays for Seven Days' signs on the road heading in. If it's a walking holiday you are looking for, St Merryn is an excellent choice, being near to beaches, cliffs and fields, where lovely views entice you from your holiday home and into the great outdoors. And of course, if you have a four legged family member, they will love it too! There is also a riding stables nearby if you've always wanted to explore the area on horseback (a wonderful way to see the stunning local scenery).
The property was lovely and comfortable.Rebecca Humphries - 5th November 2018
Holiday property was excellent nice little touches, comfortable and very clean, would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family, we will be back again.Mr Andrew Bartlett - 2nd October 2018
The property was really lovely and very clean. We enjoyed our stay immensely. Mrs Julie Chaibi - 6th August 2018
Always enjoy our stay in this lovely cottage.Mrs S Woodward - 4th June 2018
It is very well fitted out and the owners are extremely helpful and friendly. You arrive to a spotless property with a welcoming bottle of wine, flowers on the table and milk, Orange juice in the fridge. The house is dog friendly. We have booked it for the past 7 years and have booked for next yearDr Malcolm Sloan - 31st October 2017
First class and impossible to fault. As a regular it is good to see the owners take good care of the property.Mr Martin Hopkins - 10th October 2016
We have stayed in Bay's Reach numerous times now and it never fails to impress. Paul and Sue's efforts in making your stay feel as if it is actually your home for the week is effortless.Mr Justin Edwards - 12th May 2016
We have stayed many times at this property and will continue to return.Tracey Williams - 4th April 2016
We loved staying at Bays Reach, it was clean, modern and comfortable. Sue has thought of everything, toys for the kids, treats for the dogs, fresh flowers, milk, teabags, coffee and eggs on arrival. Family games and local maps. Very good value for money, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property.Mrs Alison Stanfield - 12th October 2015
We had a wonderful stay and would definitely come again, very tidy property and very nice owners. Bays Reach is a credit to them.Mrs C - 24th August 2015
The accommodation was exceptionally clean, tidy, welcoming, well-equipped and the extra touches such as toiletries, dog bowls and treats were very thoughtful and lovely to have. The fully enclosed garden was a real plus and it was great to let the dogs out without fear of them disappearing. The site had great access and facilities and is at the centre of all the region's best activities. Thank you for a wonderful holiday.Mrs L - 27th July 2015
Very impressed with the cleanliness and location of the bungalow. Very private garden and suited our needs with young family and dog. Loved the area - location is a good base for seeing this part of Cornwall. Hope to return.Mrs. C - 7th June 2014
Stayed for a week in September - Absolutely lovely cottage, well layed out and beautifully decorated. It was lovely to arrive and have a welcome card and tea/coffee/milk and biscuits. Thank you for a wonderful stay.Miss F - 1st December 2013
Access Statement For Bays Reach, St Merryn
Bays reach is a detached rendered bungalow which is located on a level site in a quiet cul-de-sac on the St Merryn Holiday Village. It is approx 100 meters from the main spine road of the Estate.
- Our Agents, Cornish Horizons, have an extensive website, with pictures of all the rooms. Diagrams of the floor/room layouts can be provided on request.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made directly from the website via email, or via telephone or by letter.
- All guests are provided with written directions to the bungalow (available in different font size and dyslexia friendly font).
- The nearest bus stop is on the main road some 500 metres distant.
- The nearest Railways stations are at Newquay which is some 12 miles distant and Bodmin which is 20 miles away. Transport from the stations to the Bungalow would be needed.
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in Padstow at the Quay car park some 3 miles distant
- Details of Taxi services are provided in the welcome pack.
- This access statement is available on our website and in the 'Welcome File' in the cottage.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The Bungalow is signed “Bays Reach” and Numbered “123” which can be seen from the road.
- There is external lighting to the premises.
- The bungalow is on a level plot and off road parking for 2 cars has been provided allowing close access to the bungalow. Additional parking for at least two cars is available on the level road at the front of the property.
- There are no pavements to the property but all estate roads are level.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The main entrance is the front door from Lily Way. The key for this door is issued to our guests before arrival from a collection point.
- The front door is 82cm by 184cm, with the hinge on the right. The keyhole is 90cm high.
- The step from the path is 10cm high on to a 8 cm deep piece of carpet.
- The front door opens into the lounge/diner area. There are two light switches on the left hand wall. One for a set of halogen inset lights and one for the external light. There is a large mat inside the front door.
- There is a pine shoe rack and a set of coat hooks
- On the coffee table in the centre of the room is the 'Welcome Pack' which has all details about the bungalow inside it.
Lounge & Dining Area
- The carpet is a camel colour and is short piled.
- To the right is the lounge area with a large 3 seater settee, and 2 separate large armchairs. The chairs and settee are movable.
- There is a 28” TV with remote control a DVD player and Freeview player together with an assortment of DVD's.
- There is a nest of coffee tables and a larger coffee table which can be removed for easier access.
- There is a magazine rack and waste paper bin.
- A fitted pine fire surround with grey ceramic base and backing house a remote controlled electric flame effect covered fire.
- To the left of the lounge when entering is the Dining Area which has a rectangular pine table which is 80 cm wide by 140cm long by 75cm high. There are 6 dining chairs available the two at either end are captain style. Two further dining chairs are available in bedrooms two and three. A chair at the end of the table could be removed to provide wheelchair access.
- There is a further square pine coffee table which is 60cm square by 31cm high. This can be removed to ease any access problems.
- There is a small occasional table which is 52 cm high. On this sits a small CD player with cassette and radio. A small selection of CD's are provided.
- There is an electric panel heater to the dining area with a thermostatic control and timer switch.
- An archway from the lounge leads to the kitchen area which is 80 cm wide by 205 cm high.
- The kitchen has 1 door with a right hand hinge leading to the side of the house. This has 1small step which is 6cm high and steps onto a paved pathway 17 cm below leading to the back garden.
- There is a fire extinguisher to the right of the back door which is 155 cm off the floor.
- To the left of the arch is a range of L shaped units and work surfaces. The work surface is 90cm high and 60cm deep. The sink and ceramic hob are at 90cm high. Above the hob is a stainless steel extractor fan plus a range of cupboards. There is a single fan oven with combination grill and a microwave is also available.
- Crockery is provided in the cupboards beneath the work surfaces. Glasses are in the wall cupboards and mugs are on the worktops.
- The electric double oven can be accessed from both the front and both sides. The oven door grill is 70cm high and the main oven door shelf is 55cm high. The fridge is under the work surface with a 2* ice box at 65 cm and the highest shelf being 50cm. A small freezer is located in the airing cupboard (see later).
- The kitchen is lit by a stainless steel 3 armed spotlights and the light switch is 145cm high off the floor which is covered in grey ceramic tiles.
- The kitchen is fully equipped and a detailed inventory can be access from the Agent if required
- This is accessed via a door from the lounge. The cupboard houses a fully automatic front loading washing machine. The height
of the opening is 50cm.
- There is a small table top freezer on the top shelf which is at 115 cm high.
- An iron is provided in this cupboard together with an ironing board and clothes airers.
- A supply of clothes pegs are available.
- A step stool is also available for access to tops of cupboards if necessary.
Bathroom & Toilet
- Accessed from the lounge, through two inward opening doors.
- Both doors are 76 cm wide by 197 cm high. The locking handle can be opened from the lounge if required.
- The toilet seat is 40 cm high -the space to the right is 20cm and to the left 17 cm. The sink height is 83cm.
- Bath height is 52 cm, length 170 cm and 68 cm wide. There is an electric shower available over the bath.
- Free floor space 140 cm deep x 125 cm wide.
- The room also has a wall mounted chrome heated towel rail.
- The floor surface is non slip cushion flooring.
Bedroom 1 (Front – double)
- Door 76 cm wide by 197 cm high -hinged on the right. Carpeted with a light beige, short pile 80% wool carpet.
- There is a waxed pine double bed 4' 6" wide with a 4' 6" sprung mattress.
- There are three drawer waxed pine bedside cabinets to the left and right of the bed.
- All bedding is poly cotton with non feather pillows and quilt.
- The space to the left of the bed is 60 cm wide.
- The space to the right of the bed is 80 cm.
- The main room light has a switch at the door and a bedside reading lamp to each bedside cabinet.
- There is a pine mirrored cabinet to the wall which houses a hair dryer.
- Electric plugs are close to the cupboard.
- There is an electric panel heater on the wall close to the entrance area.
Bedroom 2 (Back -double)
- Door 76 cm wide by 197 cm high -hinged on the left. Carpeted with a beige, short pile 80% wool carpet.
- There is a pine 4' 6” bed with a 4'6” sprung mattress.
- The distance between the bed and the wall is 80 cm and the distance to the left of the bed is 60 cm.
- All bedding is poly cotton with non feather pillows and quilt.
- There are pine three drawer cabinets to either side of the bed.
- There are bedside lamps available to each bedside cabinet.
Bedroom 3 (Back – single)
- Door 76 cm wide x 197 cm high -hinged on the right. Carpeted with a terracotta, short pile 80% wool carpet.
- There are 3'6” bunk beds with sprung mattresses.
- Space to the left of the bed is 103 cm.
- Space to the end of the bed is 75 cm.
- All bedding is Polyester/cotton with non feather pillows and quilt.
- There are separate reading lamps available by the side of each bunk bed.
- In all bedrooms additional pillows are available.
- A Welcome/Information Pack is produced in dyslexia friendly font. There is a separate folder containing “What to Do and Where to Go” information. There is a folder in the kitchen which contains all manufacturers instruction leaflets for appliances in the bungalow.
- Well behaved pets are welcome -please inform us on booking.
- The premises are Non Smoking.
Address: Paul and Sue Smith – 3 Greenwood Park Road, Plympton, Plymouth, PL7 2WE
- Telephone: 01752 343387
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours of operation: Open Easter to November
- Emergency number: 07968271017 or 07968274760
- Cornish Horizons: 01841 533331
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01752 343387 or email: email@example.com. Alternatively you can write to us at our home address or provide feedback to our Agents (Cornish Horizons) number above.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Kate Whis Photography 5% discount off guided photography walks and beach dog photoshoots
Enjoy 5% off all guided photography walks and beach dog photoshoots as a Cornish Horizons customer with Kate Whis Photography.
The Fish Market The Fish Market - fresh fish delivered to your door.
One question that comes up from people visiting Cornwall and from locals alike is “where can we buy fresh Cornish fish?” With our 15 years experience we bel...
The Padstow Coffee Company 10% off all Coffee and Tea Collections
Treat yourself and discover the very finest coffee from The Padstow Coffee Company for less!
Cornish Hampers 10% off Cornish Hampers!
Enjoy great value hampers and small gift baskets packed with food and drink from Cornwall, including cream teas, cider, Cornish fudge and local real ales. Hampe...
Cornwall Recipe Box 10% off orders over £40 from Cornwall Recipe Box
Locally sourced and easy to cook meals delivered to your holiday home. Choose from a range of seasonal recipes, and we’ll source, portion and deliver all ...
Angels in the Kitchen 10% off orders over £60 from Angels in the Kitchen
Offering a range of services from gourmet frozen foods to private chef and catering services available throughout Cornwall. Enjoy a 10% discount when you spend ...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cornish Tea 15% off Cornish Tea and Coffee
Enjoy Cornish Tea, Cornish Gold Coffee as well as a range of other products for less!
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.