If you like to start a new year by getting your next holiday booked, then you are not alone. January is one of the most popular months for booking a Cornwall getaway, whether for a cosy winter break or a summer holiday with the whole family.
Cornwall is a truly unique location that won’t disappoint, with stunning beaches, breathtaking countryside, and a wealth of world-class attractions such as the Minack Theatre and TATE St Ives. In this guide, we’ve highlighted the 10 most-booked holiday cottages across Cornwall from 2023.
Why not browse our range of properties in our guide to Cornwall’s top places to stay including romantic retreats, large cottages and cottages with hot tubs?
1.The Loft@Kylgenna - Fowey | sleeps 2
The Loft@Kylgenna is our most popular property of 2023, and it’s easy to see why. This stylish apartment in Fowey has a gorgeous balcony that offers spectacular river views over to Polruan. Located on the banks of the River Fowey, near the South West Coast Path, this apartment is perfect for couples hoping to explore South Cornwall.
Take a look at our full range of nearby Fowey cottages for even more holiday inspiration.
- Waking up to panoramic river views
- The ‘wow’ factor interior – we can’t believe how spacious it is
- Its central location – close to the beach and a range of eateries and shops
2. Duck’s Waddle – near Sennen | sleeps 2 + 3 dogs
Duck’s Waddle is a beautiful barn conversion situated on an idyllic smallholding near Sennen. Set on 14 acres of farmland, this property offers sea and countryside views as well as access to a footpath down to the coast.
Just a mile from Land's End and 6 miles from Cape Cornwall, Duck’s Waddle is within easy reach of some of the main West Cornwall attractions such as the Minack Theatre, Botallack, Geevor and the Levant tin mines. Browse our full collection of self-catering accommodation near Sennen and find your next memorable break.
- Being surrounded by breathtaking Cornish countryside
- The original features throughout this lovingly converted barn
- Admiring the wonderful sea and countryside views on offer
3. 4 St Elvans Courtyard – Porthleven | sleeps 4
4 St Elvans Courtyard is an attractive waterfront apartment overlooking Porthleven Harbour, that’s perfect for a small family or group of friends. The apartment has contemporary furnishings throughout with a spacious, open-plan living area at the heart of the property.
Spend time discovering the quirky independent shops and eateries on offer in Porthleven before heading to the beach, which is just a short stroll away for an afternoon of sea swimming or rock pooling. Browse our full range of cottages in Porthleven for more holiday inspiration.
- The stunning views across Porthleven Harbour
- The stylish living area with French doors opening onto a glass-fronted Juliet balcony
- Exploring the charming town of Porthleven and nearby Lizard Peninsula
4. Appletree Cottage – Kilkhampton – sleeps 4 + 2 dogs
Appletree Cottage is a superb barn conversion, close to the seaside town of Bude. Featuring a sunken hot tub, stunning far-reaching countryside views and a lovely, decked terrace. This quirky and unique reverse-level barn conversion makes for a charming holiday home for families and couples seeking a relaxing break along the North Cornwall coastline.
If Appletree Cottage is unavailable for your preferred dates, view our full range of Bude cottages. Bude is a popular seaside town, close to the border with Devon, renowned for its excellent beaches, quirky architecture and interesting maritime history.
- Relaxing in the hot tub after a day of exploring
- Waking up to fabulous countryside views
- The reverse-level accommodation to make the most of the picturesque surroundings
5. Mariners II – Porthleven – sleeps 4
Blending traditional Cornish charm with beach house style, this welcoming holiday home is a wonderful base for a laid-back family break. Mariners II enjoys panoramic views of Mount’s Bay, a suntrap patio and private parking – which is a real rarity in Porthleven!
The property has an unrivalled location with coastal features throughout as well as a wonderful open-plan lounge, kitchen and diner. Porthleven is a vibrant town, centred around a charming harbour with a golden sandy beach, overlooked by a watchful clock tower. The town is surrounded by fabulous coastal walks, and is a popular spot for water sports enthusiasts and storm watchers in the winter.
- The direct access to Porthleven Beach
- Admiring the breathtaking sea views
- Exploring the wide variety of shops and eateries close by
6. The Cabin Retreat – Bodmin | sleeps 2 + 1 dog
The Cabin Retreat is a boutique-style lodge, made for couples who are looking for a truly relaxing break, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With plenty of indoor and outdoor space including a very impressive garden area, relaxing in this lodge is easy, while its location makes seeing popular attractions and towns in Cornwall quickly accessible. Plus, there’s a hot tub for the ultimate luxury.
Located in the heart of Cornwall, the property is within easy reach of the very best of Cornish moorlands and coastline with the spectacular Bodmin Moor and Tamar Valley on the doorstep. The picturesque harbour towns of Padstow, Fowey and Charlestown are all within a 30-minute drive too.
Take a look at our full range of nearby Bodmin cottages for even more holiday inspiration.
- Relaxing in the hot tub after a day spent exploring
- The scenic trails nearby, perfect for dog lovers, walkers and cyclists
- The beautifully landscaped garden with its fire pit, BBQ and garden furniture
7. Little Owls Barn – Saltash | sleeps 6 + 1 dog
Little Owls Barn is an immaculately presented property, with an abundance of space, situated in the heart of Cornwall’s countryside between Liskeard and Saltash. Step inside and make yourselves at home in the stylish open-plan living space. With a kitchen, lounge and diner, this sociable room is a one-stop spot for chilling out in the evening.
No holiday to Cornwall is complete without a trip to the beach, and from Little Owls Barn, you can jump in the car and reach the south coast in 6 miles. Discover the Wild Futures Monkey Sanctuary (8 miles), Adrenalin Quarry (5 miles) or Port Eliot House and Gardens (3 miles) which hosts regular seasonal events.
Browse our full collection of self-catering accommodation near Liskeard and find your next memorable break.
- The panoramic countryside views
- Its very own owl house for you to watch the owls come and go
- Its stylish and elegant interior
8. Porthia Flat – St Ives | sleeps 2 + 1 dog
Porthia Flat is the perfect bolthole for couples looking for a quintessential Cornish getaway. The flat has a stylish, open-plan living space with a lounge/kitchen/diner which is bright and airy.
Spend your days strolling around St Ives’ cute, cobbled streets – popping into galleries, boutiques and eateries. A short walk from the cottage brings you to the historic St Ives Harbour, where you can catch boat trips to go wildlife watching along the coast or visit Seal Island to marvel at the colony of grey seals. There’s also a lovely beach here, which is popular with bathers. Other nearby beaches include Porthgwidden and Porthmeor, both within 500 metres.
Discover even more St Ives cottages here.
- The character of this charming fisherman’s cottage
- It’s central location – right in the heart of St Ives
- The modern interiors that create a stylish and relaxing atmosphere
9. Two Whitawoo – Padstow | sleeps 2 + 1 dog
Two Whitawoo is a beautiful barn conversion and the ultimate couple’s retreat. Situated just a short drive away from some of Cornwall’s best beaches such as Constantine, Harlyn and Trevone, many of which are dog friendly too, Two Whitawoo has everything you need for a wonderful break away. With a lovely patio and BBQ, it's the perfect spot for al fresco dining on warmer evenings.
Padstow, which is just a short 10-minute drive from Two Whitawoo, is one of Cornwall’s most popular harbour towns. Spend an afternoon strolling around the attractive harbour which is backed by an array of independent shops and popular eateries including the famous Rick Stein seafood restaurant.
Browse our full collection of self-catering accommodation near Padstow and find your next memorable break.
- The wonderful wood burner in the lounge
- It’s proximity to the picturesque harbour town of Padstow
- The miles of spectacular coastal footpaths nearby
10. Bluebell Cottage – St Just | sleeps 2
Bluebell Cottage has that ‘wow’ factor with added panoramic views across the West Cornwall coastline. This stylish retreat will impress you the moment you step foot in the door, with a sleek interior throughout.
In the evening, why not enjoy a glass of bubbly outside as the sunset casts a warm glow across the sky? There’s even a charcoal BBQ should you fancy an al fresco dinner together and a private hot tub for romantic soaks beneath the stars.
The famous landmarks of Land’s End, The Minack Theatre, Porthcurno and St Michael's Mount are nearby. Browse our full range of West Cornwall cottages for more holiday inspiration.
- Soaking in the hot tub at the end of the day
- The wonderful coastal views
- Its completely secluded location
Self-catering cottages in Cornwall 2024
Feeling inspired to book a well-deserved holiday in Cornwall?
Whatever your needs, our holiday cottages throughout Cornwall have been handpicked for their enticing features making them the perfect home-from-home for you and your loved ones to enjoy. Click the button below to find even more great self-catering holiday accommodation in Cornwall.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.