Little Gem is a charming bungalow situated in a quiet cul-de-sac on the outskirts of St Merryn; about 3 minutes' walk to the centre of the village which has enough shops, pubs, takeaways and restaurants during the season to cater for all your needs. Surprisingly spacious, Little Gem is a delight. Modern and stylish, it is well equipped for a comfortable and relaxing stay. It has an enclosed rear garden which faces south west and so takes advantage of the sunshine for most of the day. It is an ideal base for exploring this area of the North coast, being within easy striking distance of some of the finest beaches in Cornwall and only three miles from the charming fishing port of Padstow. The Tate St. Ives is only an hour's drive and even closer will be found the Eden Project. It is only a 6 minute drive to the 3 golf courses at the prestigious Trevose Golf and Country Club.
Cloakroom: Basin w.c.
Kitchen: Dishwasher, refrigerator, electric double oven, gas hob, microwave, washing machine, radio
Lounge/Diner: TV, DVD player, music system.
Shower Room: Large shower cubicle, drench shower plus thermostatic shower, w.c, basin.
Bedroom 1: Twin beds (3' - may be zipped and linked to form 6' superking), built in wardrobe, hair dryer.
Bedroom 2: Double bed (4'6"), built in wardrobe.
GARDEN & PARKING: Off road parking for one car, others may park in the road; pretty open plan front garden; enclosed rear garden laid mainly to lawn with flower borders and a patio; garden furniture. Freezer in garage.
Changeover Day: Sunday - arrival 3:00pm - departure 10:00am.
Power and Heat: Gas and electricity included in rent; gas c.h./hot water, living flame coal effect gas fire lounge.
Bedding and Linen: Bed linen provided; towels may be hired - see hire page. Please request linked beds in advance.
Baby Equipment: Baby bath; other equipment not provided but can be hired - see hire page.
Shop: 200 yds Pub: 0.3 ml
NOTES: No smoking, no pets. WiFi provided. Important information about internet usage. Call box 100 yds, mobile reception varies. Information about mobile phone coverage.
- Sunday Changeover day
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Sleeps 4
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi Available
- Bed Linen Included
- Towels Not Included
- 0.3 mile to a restaurant
- 1.5 miles to a beach
- Fire or Stove
- Washing Machine
- Ground Floor Accommodation
St Merryn is a hidden gem located within easy reach of the stunning coast of North Cornwall, with a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, helpful local convenience stores and delis, and a wide variety of places to eat. Sometimes overlooked, due to the proximity of the larger town of Padstow just ten minutes' drive away, St Merryn is nevertheless a great holiday setting in its own right, its convenient location and many amenities attracting visitors back year after year. Known as the 'Seven Bays' area due to the number of beaches along this part of the coastline, you know you are approaching the village when you see the 'Seven Bays for Seven Days' signs on the road heading in. If it's a walking holiday you are looking for, St Merryn is an excellent choice, being near to beaches, cliffs and fields, where lovely views entice you from your holiday home and into the great outdoors. And of course, if you have a four legged family member, they will love it too! There is also a riding stables nearby if you've always wanted to explore the area on horseback (a wonderful way to see the stunning local scenery).
I really loved Little Gem. I've stayed in many holiday lets in this area before but this one is the only one that has felt like a home from home. Excellent.Mrs Sarah Gregor - 22nd August 2017
Absolutely brilliant in every aspect.Mr M Emms - 16th August 2017
Fabulous property and perfect for our short stay!Mrs Clare Burns - 13th August 2017
We feel right at home in this propertyMr Brian Dodd - 27th July 2017
Little Gem is a lovely property, a few minutes walk to the village centre and easy access to main roads for visiting other parts of Cornwall.Mrs Lynda Hammond - 13th June 2017
Love this property, it is a proper home from home in a fantastic location. Mrs C Kingston - 6th June 2017
Excellent propertyMrs G Ainge - 30th January 2016
We've always found Cornish Horizons to be an efficient, pleasant and helpful booking service.Mrs K Mcmahon - 1st November 2015
Your new website is better and easier to use than the old one, so that is an improvement. Little Gem suits us and is always spotlessly clean. We have used Cornish horizons at least ten times now, at different properties, and have always been satisfied.Mrs LINDA HEATH - 29th September 2015
Stayed here in May for the week, beautifully situated, within easy walk of the village which has everything you could need. The accommodation was immaculate, comfortable, warm and they seem to have thought of your every need. Will be looking to book for next year!Mrs K - 5th September 2014
An excellent property which is situated in a quiet area of St Merryn, but within walking distance of the village. Wonderful beaches within 2 miles of the property.Mrs W - 11th July 2014
Access Statement For Little Gem -St Merryn
Little Gem is a stone built 2 bedroom bungalow in a quiet residential area of St Merryn. It is level walking, a distance of 500m, to various local shops, pubs and restaurants. Only 2 miles to the nearest beach and a championship golf course.
- The Bungalow is rented through an agent -Cornish Horizons -who have an extensive website providing pictures of the rooms and garden.
- Bookings/enquiries are made solely through the Agents.
- All guests are provided with directions to the bungalow.
- This Access Statement is available on the website and in our Welcome File at the Bungalow.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is car parking for 1 car directly alongside the accommodation and 1 car can be parked outside providing it does not obstruct other peoples access, and is parked off the pavement.
- The nearest bus stop is 300m away.
- Bodmin railway station is 10 miles away.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The main entrance is the front door to the property. The key to the property is collected from the Agent by guests prior to arrival. The front door is 94cm by 206cm with a hinge to the right, opening inwards. The keyhole is104cm high.
- There are no steps into the property but there is a gentle ramp.
- The front door opens into a small hallway. The first right turn is into the kitchen where the Welcome Pack will be found immediately on the left, along with the notice board, fire-fighting equipment and safety notices.
- There are 2 outside lights to illuminate the entrance and parking area. Both light switches are located in the hallway.
All light switches are 115cm high.
- There is a WC immediately on the left leading off the hallway. The door is 82cm by 196cm (ALL WOODEN INTERNAL DOORS IN THE PROPERTY ARE OF THESE DIMENSIONS).
- Distance to the left of toilet (as you look at it) is 53cm.
- Distance to the right of toilet is 15cm.
Living / Dining Room
- Door from the hall leads to spacious Living/dining room. The carpet is 80% wool (short pile).
- There is a TV, CD player and radio all with remote controls.
- The dining area has a rectangular table 136cm by 80cm with 4 chairs seating height 45cm.
- The room has wall lights ceiling lights and 2 freestanding lights to suit all needs.
- From the living dining room there is a narrow patio door (not suitable for wheelchairs) Width of exit only 50cm, leading to a level patio and garden. Short step and drop of 17cm over the lip of patio door to patio.
- There is a front loading washing machine with instructions. The washing machine is 60cm wide and 86cm high. A drying rack is
available in the garage. There is also an outdoor rotary washing line reach height of 150cm.
- Nearest shops for almost every provision are 500m away. 2 mini markets, post office, garage and hardware store, surf shop
- Exiting from the living room patio door there is a small private garden and patio.
- This can also be accessed from the side of the property. Please note, the gate width is 81cm and path (1 paving stone) is 45cm width.
- There is outdoor furniture (seating for 4) and a small barbecue provided for guests to use.
- There are 2 bedrooms. 1 larger at 15ft max by12ft and a smaller double room at 10ft by 12ft.
- The main bedroom has a super king bed that can be turned into 2 x 3ft singles. This room has a remote controlled tv and overhead reading and bedside lights. It also has a dressing table corner unit with seating height 44cm. As a super king size bed, the space available each side of the bed is 80cm and 60cm.
- There is a patio door from this bedroom into the back garden. Again exit width is 50cm.
- The second bedroom has 74cm space down one side of the bed and 62cm down the other. It has low opening windows 54cm from the floor. 95cm opening height and could be used by average sized person for easy exit in emergency.
- Carpets in the bedrooms are 80% wool (short pile) with bedside loop pile rugs.
- All bedding is percale with allergy free pillows.
- The bathroom/shower room only has a shower (tray 75cm x75cm) Height of glass surround is188cm.The step height into it is 27cm.
- Distance to left of toilet is unlimited. Distance to right of toilet is 23cm.
- The toilet seat height is 36cm.
- ALL DOOR HANDLES ARE 97CMS HIGH ON ALL DOORS.
- There are locks on the WC and Bathroom.
- These rooms are also fitted with extractor fans.
- The kitchen has one door leading into it from the hall.
- Work surface is 92cm high. Normal cupboard height reach is 148cm. Highest cupboard reach is 174cm. (Only 1).
- There is a double electric oven. Top oven/grill height 148cm. Bottom Oven height 118cm. Gas hob is same level as work surface. As is sink height.
- Flooring is hardwearing carpet. Overhead striplight.
- Catering standard crockery is in the overhead cupboards.
- All pots and saucepans are in the lower units, below work surfaces.
- THE PROPERTY IS NON SMOKING
- No pets allowed
Main Point of contact – Cornish Horizons (Agency) 01841 533331 www.cornishhorizons.co.uk.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please contact Cornish Horizons
Created on: 2/25/2008
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
The Padstow Coffee Company 10% off all Coffee and Tea Collections
Treat yourself and discover the very finest coffee from The Padstow Coffee Company for less!
Cornish Hampers 10% off Cornish Hampers!
Enjoy great value hampers and small gift baskets packed with food and drink from Cornwall, including cream teas, cider, Cornish fudge and local real ales. Hampe...
Cornwall Recipe Box 10% off orders over £40 from Cornwall Recipe Box
Locally sourced and easy to cook meals delivered to your holiday home. Choose from a range of seasonal recipes, and we’ll source, portion and deliver all ...
Angels in the Kitchen 10% off orders over £60 from Angels in the Kitchen
Offering a range of services from gourmet frozen foods to private chef and catering services available throughout Cornwall. Enjoy a 10% discount when you spend ...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cornish Tea 15% off Cornish Tea and Coffee
Enjoy Cornish Tea, Cornish Gold Coffee as well as a range of other products for less!
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price