With panoramic views over the beautiful sandy beach of Mawgan Porth as well as of open countryside, Alderley Edge is a stunning lovely, light and airy, modern seaside home. Beautifully presented and equipped to an excellent standard, this property creates a relaxing atmosphere with contemporary furniture and decor. There are wonderful views of the bay from the lounge, bedroom, balcony and from the front deck where you can sit back and relax gazing out to sea. A completely self-contained wing of the owners' home, Alderley Edge is just a short distance from the 4 star Bedruthan Steps Hotel and the fabulous Scarlet Hotel where non-residents are welcome to use the restaurants, leisure facilities and Health Spas. A nearby cliff path provides a 5 minute walk down to the beach, renowned for its excellent surfing. The village is within walking distance and caters for most everyday requirements as well as having an excellent pub and a beachside bistro, both serving good food.
Kitchen/Dining Room: Electric oven, gas hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine.
Bedroom 2: Double bed (4'6"), TV, built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, hairdyer. En Suite Shower Room thermostatic shower, basin, w.c.
Lounge: TV with Apple TV, DVD player, iPod/iPad dock, bi-fold doors to decking with sea views.
Bedroom 1: Double bed (4'6"), TV, DVD player, built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, hairdryer. Door onto Balcony: 2 chairs. En Suite Shower Room thermostatic shower, basin, w.c.
GARDEN & PARKING: Garden to front, decked area with lighting and in-built barbecue, picnic table, hot and cold outdoor shower, remainder lawned, overlooking the bay. Secure store for bicycles and surf boards. Parking for 1 car in a dedicated parking bay, roadside parking also available.
Changeover day: Saturday - arrival 3:00pm - departure 10:00am
Power and Heat: Gas and electricity included in rent; gas fired c.h.
Bedding and Linen: Pillows & duvets included; bed linen and towels provided including beach towels
Baby Equipment: This is a "Baby Friendly" property. Please order baby equipment in advance.
Shops: 500 yrds Pub: 500 yrds
NOTES: No pets, This property will only accept 4 persons including a baby. No smoking anywhere, No short breaks. WiFi provided. Important information about internet usage. Call box 250 yds. Information about mobile phone coverage
- Saturday Changeover day
- Gold Star Award
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi Available
- Bed Linen Included
- Towels Included
- High chair
- Travel cot
- 0.1 mile to a restaurant
- 0.3 mile to a beach
- Sea Views
- Countryside Views
- Washing Machine
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Outdoor storage space
|Date Range||7 night price *|
|22 Jul 17 - 26 Aug 17||£1,024|
|26 Aug 17 - 2 Sep 17||£922|
|2 Sep 17 - 23 Sep 17||£663|
|23 Sep 17 - 21 Oct 17||£512|
|21 Oct 17 - 28 Oct 17||£614|
|28 Oct 17 - 23 Dec 17||£431|
|23 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£803|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.
Mawgan Porth is a fantastic destination for that timeless seaside holiday. With a fish and chip shop, pub, restaurants, pitch and putt, village shop and, of course, the main attraction; the stunning, sandy beach – Mawgan Porth ticks all the boxes. Whilst this beach-side village provides all the essentials for a traditional bucket-and-spade holiday, the modern extras are the icing on the cake. The surfing at Mawgan Porth is superb with Kingsurf Surf School based on the beach. Newquay is just down the road proving loads of activities for the family and also nightlife. The food scene is booming in this part of Cornwall; with Rick Stein and Paul Ainsworth based just a few miles along the coast in Padstow and Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall located at the neighbouring Watergate bay, this is the spot for a bit of foodie indulgence. The thrill-seekers are also perfectly placed for achieving their adrenaline kicks with Watergate Bay's Extreme Academy a couple of minutes' drive offering amongst other activities; surfing, kite buggying, landboarding and kitesurfing. There is a golf course just outside the village and Newquay's small airport is only a couple of miles away, and with flights from London, Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds and more destinations it couldn't be easier to enjoy a holiday in this perfect spot.
Far and away the best property we've ever stayed in. The owners only live next door and the two small issues we had were resolved immediately and without any fuss. It had everything we needed (and more) and we look forward to returning - and normally we make a point of never visiting the same place twice. Thoroughly recommended. Mr D Symonds - 5th June 2017
A lovely property with a great sea view, compensation for any weather Cornwall can throw at you.Mrs Caroline Fitzherbert - 22nd May 2017
Lovely property, everything you need in the property plus extras, outstanding sea views, the owners who live next door, are very nice people, would definitely stay here againMrs D Reed - 31st May 2016
The best property we have ever stayed in and the view is amazing! I am missing it already!Mrs Susan Kempson - 3rd November 2015
I will return, thanks for lovely property and great customer service.Ms Angela Sleet - 12th October 2015
A beautiful property, exceeded my expectations! Well laid out, good attention to detail and finishing touches. Quality in kitchen provisions i.e. cutlery, glassware etc. Very professional property information; especially health and safety information. Fresh flowers an added bonus. Thank you SO much and will come back this year.Ms S - 24th June 2015
The owner couldn't have been more helpful. It was so sad for us, as we had to come home on Wednesday as I was poorly. We feel Alderley Edge has more than lived up to its star rating- we feel it should be more than it is. We found the property had everything it advertised to have and more besides. So well-equipped and so beautiful inside. Views were lovely. Thank you.Mrs S - 8th July 2014
Access Statement For Alderley Edge
Our self catering property is a two storey semi-detached residence.
- We are part of an agency and bookings/enquiries can be made via email, fax or phone
- Cornish Horizons can provide information in large print or Braille on request
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
The property is approached via a Right of Way through the grounds of the Bedruthan Steps Hotel: turn into their car park from the B3276, drive to Reception and bear right onto a private road. Alderley Edge is the first property on the right, overlooking the sea.
- There is a parking space adjacent to the property.
- The parking space is asphalted and is on a slight slope and from the parking space there are 3 steps to the garden leading to a paved walk way to the door of the property. The parking space is 40 metres from the entrance.
Main Entrance and into the property:
- The entrance is at the rear of the property and has a 20cm step into the kitchen. The door is hinged on the right.
- The door is 70cm wide opening into a kitchen which is 4.8m x 3.3 m ? There is a rectangular glass-topped dining table.
- Worktop height 90cm.
- Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 75 cm
- Sink is 90cm high with cupboards underneath
- Hob is 90cm high and gas
- Flooring is ceramic tile throughout the kitchen
- At least 89cm free space between all furniture and worktops
- Evenly lit kitchen with spotlights above work surfaces where required
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces
- Fridge and freezer are integrated beneath the work tops; the highest shelf in the fridge is 70cm
- The kitchen leads through a door way which is 70 cm wide to the sitting room.
- The corridor is 70cm wide and leads to the open plan dining, kitchen and lounge and bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
- The downstairs floor is wood laminate flooring throughout with the exception of the kitchen and downstairs ensuite bathroom, both of which have ceramic tiles.
- Smoke alarms are fitted in the bedrooms and a carbon monoxide alarm is fitted in the kitchen area.
Dining Room & Sitting Room
- The dining table is situated in the open plan kitchen.
- It is a rectangular table with 4 legs, 65cm under-space
- Free space between table and walls is at least 85cm
- Chairs (moveable) ? 4 chairs, no arms, are placed at the table.
- Furniture is moveable.
- In the sitting room, there is an upholstered (feather) three seater sofa plus an arm chair as well as another chair both of which are beech framed; all furniture has arms and is moveable. The room is 4.8m x 3.3 and there is free space of at least 2m all round.
- TV is provided, with remote control and also a DVD player and digibox, both with remote control.
- Stairs, leading to an ensuite bedroom, lead off from the sitting room. The staircase is 80cm wide and is carpeted with short pile carpet, as is the bedroom.
- Door width 74cm
- Double bed provided ? 4ft 6ins.
- Bed height 60cm floor to top of mattress.
- Feather duvets and pillows are provided.
- A TV is provided in this bedroom, with remote control
- There is a digi box and DVD player to use with the television.
- Ensuite bathroom/w.c. has a door which is 68cm wide; the
bathroom has a sloping roof and a Velux window. The room is 2.3m x 1.75m. A small shower room leads of this area: the shower is fully enclosed, is 70cm wide and is accessed by a step which is 23cm.
- Large transfer space available to the left and right of bed is more than 1.3 metres
- Toilet seat height is 42cm with 70cm space to the right
- Flooring in the bathroom is short pile carpet; flooring in the shower area is ceramic tile.
- A 85cm wide door leads to a small tannelised timber balcony of 4m x 1.6m. The rail is 115cm high.
- The downstairs bathroom leads off the kitchen area through a door which is 70cm wide.
- There is a left hand turn into the bedroom which is 80cm wide. The bedroom is 3.3m x 2.9m.
- There is a double bed provided ? 4ft 6ins
- The height to the top of the mattress is 60cm.
- Feather duvet and pillows are provided.
- There is very little transfer space between the built in wardrobes and the bed, or between the window and the bed.
- Flooring is laminate wood throughout.
Downstairs ensuite & w.c.
- The ensuite is accessed through a door which is 70cm wide.
- The ensuite is white tiled throughout, including ceramic floor tiles.
- The toilet height is 42cm with no real transferable space to the left or right.
- The shower is accessed by one step of 17.5cm and one step into the shower of 10cm. The shower is fully enclosed and 70 cm wide.
- The ensuite bathroom is 3.8m x 90cm.
Grounds and Gardens.
- A large decked area is at the front of the property. There is a a grassed area accessed by 3 timbered steps.
- There is a tannelised timber deck with blue lighting. It is accessed by a step up of 10cm on one side or 13cm on the other side.
- There is a tannelised timber picnic table with bench seating; the height of the bench seats is 46cm.
- There is a timber bin store which is fully enclosed and also allows storage for surf boards, wet suits and bicycles if required. There is also a timber enclosed outdoor shower, fully enclosed and accessed by a 23cm step.
- An Information folder is produced in size 11 font or size 14 as preferred
- Mobile phone reception on the cliffs of Cornwall is not always reliable.
- The property does not take pets ? guide dogs are an exception.
- The property and entire site are No Smoking.
- Agency Contact details: Cornish Horizons The Cottage 19 New Street, Padstow Cornwall PL28 8EA.
+44 (0)1841 533 331
email : cornishhorizons.co.uk
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine at an affordable price.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.