Our Environmental Policy
Cornish Horizons aim is to promote sustainable tourism to all - staff, suppliers, visitors and clients - so that our environment may continue to be enjoyed and protected by visitors and locals in the years to come.
To achieve this aim Cornish Horizons is committed to:
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Use recycled paper
- Monitor and reduce water, gas and electricity usage
- Use ‘green' gas and electricity
- Reuse what we can and stop waste
- Recycle plastics, metal and electronic equipment
- Compost all kitchen waste
- Share lifts to the office
- Protect the environment
- Offset our carbon footprint
- Promote tourism that respects the environment
- Support local communities and charities
- Use Fairtrade products
- Use eco friendly cleaning products
- Actively protect and preserve the natural beauty of our local area
- Promote sustainable tourism to others
- Provide information on recycling and public transport to our owners and visitors
- Advice pages on our website
- Members of CoaST - Cornwall Sustainable Tourism Project
- By taking part in the Green Tourism Business Scheme
We also plan to monitor our effectiveness and to draw owners and visitors into the debate by using, for instance, a ‘green' questionnaire.
Only by ensuring that Cornish Horizons is an environmentally, socially and economically responsible business can we achieve sustainability.
We believe that a sustainable business will preserve the natural beauty of the area, reduce contributions to climate change and protect the unique culture of our local area and we at Cornish Horizons want to be a part of this.