Gardens and Houses
Cornwall is blessed with a much milder climate than the rest of the country. Often species grow here happily which would perish in more northerly parts. Spring comes earlier and the array of species and colours is breath-taking.
- Antony House and Garden, Torpoint - Superb early 18th-century mansion set in parkland and fine gardens. Used as a film set for Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland film.
- Caerhays Castle Gardens, Gorran, St Austell - Stunning house set in 120 acres of woodland gardens. It has an international reputation for its camellias, rhododendrons and magnolias.
- Cotehele, Saltash - Garden and Tudor house with many stories and legends, festooned with tapestries and adorned with textiles, arms and armour, pewter, brass and old oak furniture.
- Glendurgan, near Falmouth - A valley garden of great beauty, created in the c1820's and running down to the tiny village of Durgan and it's beach. There are many fine trees and rare and exotic plants.
- The Japanese Garden & Bonsai Nursery, St Mawgan - Situated in the lush vale of Lanherne. Authentic Japanese garden, water garden, woodland, Zen gardens and bamboo grove.
- Lanhydrock House and Garden, Bodmin - One of the most beautiful National Trust properties in Cornwall set in wooded parkland of 1,000 acres and encircled by a garden of rare shrubs and trees.
- Lamorran Garden, St Mawes - Savour the glittering sea views over Falmouth Bay from this stunning Mediterranean-style garden. Lamorran boasts over four acres of sub-tropical paradise.
- Lost Gardens of Heligan, Pentewan, St Austell - Discover the mysteries of The Lost Gardens, explore the Victorian Gardens, a sub-tropical Jungle, pioneering Wildlife Project and beyond.
- Pencarrow, between Wadebridge & Bodmin - Georgian house boasting an impressive library, elegant but lived-in reception rooms, period bedrooms and collections of fascinating furniture and portraits.
- Pinetum Park & Pine Lodge Gardens, St Austell - 30 acre Plantman's Paradise! Over 6000 rare and unusual plants - all labelled. Water features, formal and cottage gardens, Japanese garden and lake.
- Pinsla Garden, near Cardinham, Bodmin - 2 acre pretty cottage garden with flowers, sculptures and nursery situated in peaceful wild woodland. Quiet, tranquil, easy to walk around with hard, level paths.
- Prideaux Place, House and Gardens, Padstow - One of the very brightest jewels in Cornwall's crown; visually and essentially Elizabethan yet with a wealth of Strawberry Hill Gothic interiors.
- Trebah Garden, near Falmouth - Trebah is a uniquely beautiful, wooded 25 acre sub-tropical ravine garden with its own beach on the beautiful Helford River. Wild and magical.
- Trelissick Gardens, Feock, Truro - Perched at the head of the Fal Estuary, Trelissick boasts jaw-dropping views and a huge array of plant species. Quite literally at the water's edge.
- Trengwainton Garden, Penzance - Experience stunning views and an abundance of exotic trees and shrubs in a garden cradled just inland of Mounts Bay. Home to magnificent walled gardens.
- Trerice, near Newquay - An Elizabethan Manor House with fine interiors and delightful garden. Challenge the family to a game of Kayling or Slapcock! Or just get away for the hustle and bustle and enjoy the tranquility Trerice has to offer.